Security increased in Bikaner after blasts threat
Bikaner: Security has been stepped up in the division following a letter purportedly by terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad threatening to blow up railway stations and bus stands, police said on Tuesday.
The letter threatening bomb blasts at Sri Ganganagar, Bikaner, Hanumangarh railway stations on March 13, was received by railway authorities in Punjab recently, they said.
"Security has been tightened and SPs of these districts have been directed to remain alert. Directions were also issued to deploy policemen in plain clothes at crowded places," IG Bikaner Govind Gupta said.
Sources said the outfit has also threatened blasts in Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi