Security increased in Bikaner after blasts threat
Bikaner: Security has been stepped up in the division following a letter purportedly by terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad threatening to blow up railway stations and bus stands, police said on Tuesday.
The letter threatening bomb blasts at Sri Ganganagar, Bikaner, Hanumangarh railway stations on March 13, was received by railway authorities in Punjab recently, they said.
"Security has been tightened and SPs of these districts have been directed to remain alert. Directions were also issued to deploy policemen in plain clothes at crowded places," IG Bikaner Govind Gupta said.
Sources said the outfit has also threatened blasts in Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress