Security increased in Bikaner after blasts threat
Bikaner: Security has been stepped up in the division following a letter purportedly by terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad threatening to blow up railway stations and bus stands, police said on Tuesday.
The letter threatening bomb blasts at Sri Ganganagar, Bikaner, Hanumangarh railway stations on March 13, was received by railway authorities in Punjab recently, they said.
"Security has been tightened and SPs of these districts have been directed to remain alert. Directions were also issued to deploy policemen in plain clothes at crowded places," IG Bikaner Govind Gupta said.
Sources said the outfit has also threatened blasts in Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi