Security increased in Bikaner after blasts threat
Bikaner: Security has been stepped up in the division following a letter purportedly by terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad threatening to blow up railway stations and bus stands, police said on Tuesday.
The letter threatening bomb blasts at Sri Ganganagar, Bikaner, Hanumangarh railway stations on March 13, was received by railway authorities in Punjab recently, they said.
"Security has been tightened and SPs of these districts have been directed to remain alert. Directions were also issued to deploy policemen in plain clothes at crowded places," IG Bikaner Govind Gupta said.
Sources said the outfit has also threatened blasts in Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport