Security of `Palace on Wheels` tightened
Jaipur: Authorities have decided to tighten the security of noted luxury train `Palace on Wheels` due to a looming threat from terrorists, an official said Monday.
"In the wake of recent warning by the central intelligence agencies that the train is under threat from outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Indian Mujahideen (IM), we have tightened the security arrangements for the train," Veerbhan Ajwani, Superintendent of Police-GRP (Ajmer) told reporters today.
He said there were inputs from the intelligence
agencies that historical monuments across the nation including
the `Palace on Wheels` are under threat from terrorist
The luxury train makes a seven-day journey from New
Delhi and halts at Jaipur, Sawaimadhopur, Chittorgarh,
Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra before going
back to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why