Security of `Palace on Wheels` tightened
Jaipur: Authorities have decided to tighten the security of noted luxury train `Palace on Wheels` due to a looming threat from terrorists, an official said Monday.
"In the wake of recent warning by the central intelligence agencies that the train is under threat from outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Indian Mujahideen (IM), we have tightened the security arrangements for the train," Veerbhan Ajwani, Superintendent of Police-GRP (Ajmer) told reporters today.
He said there were inputs from the intelligence
agencies that historical monuments across the nation including
the `Palace on Wheels` are under threat from terrorist
The luxury train makes a seven-day journey from New
Delhi and halts at Jaipur, Sawaimadhopur, Chittorgarh,
Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra before going
back to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation