Security of `Palace on Wheels` tightened
Jaipur: Authorities have decided to tighten the security of noted luxury train `Palace on Wheels` due to a looming threat from terrorists, an official said Monday.
"In the wake of recent warning by the central intelligence agencies that the train is under threat from outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Indian Mujahideen (IM), we have tightened the security arrangements for the train," Veerbhan Ajwani, Superintendent of Police-GRP (Ajmer) told reporters today.
He said there were inputs from the intelligence
agencies that historical monuments across the nation including
the `Palace on Wheels` are under threat from terrorist
The luxury train makes a seven-day journey from New
Delhi and halts at Jaipur, Sawaimadhopur, Chittorgarh,
Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra before going
back to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter