Security of `Palace on Wheels` tightened
Jaipur: Authorities have decided to tighten the security of noted luxury train `Palace on Wheels` due to a looming threat from terrorists, an official said Monday.
"In the wake of recent warning by the central intelligence agencies that the train is under threat from outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Indian Mujahideen (IM), we have tightened the security arrangements for the train," Veerbhan Ajwani, Superintendent of Police-GRP (Ajmer) told reporters today.
He said there were inputs from the intelligence
agencies that historical monuments across the nation including
the `Palace on Wheels` are under threat from terrorist
The luxury train makes a seven-day journey from New
Delhi and halts at Jaipur, Sawaimadhopur, Chittorgarh,
Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra before going
back to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...