Security tightened for Republic Day in Jaipur
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in view of the Republic Day celebrations at the Sawai Maan Singh stadium here on Sunday.
"Policemen in adequate number have been deployed in and around the stadium. Companies of RAC also have been stationed," a senior police officer said.
Inside the stadium, where the state-level function will be held, things like lighter, cigarette, carry bags and eatables will not be allowed, he said.
All guest houses and hotels have been asked to strictly check the identity of guests.
Unidentified vehicles entering the city are being intercepted and checked at highways.
Security arrangements in other districts will also remain tight.
Governor Margaret Alva will felicitate 18 officers and other personnel of the police department at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you