Security tightened for Republic Day in Jaipur
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in view of the Republic Day celebrations at the Sawai Maan Singh stadium here on Sunday.
"Policemen in adequate number have been deployed in and around the stadium. Companies of RAC also have been stationed," a senior police officer said.
Inside the stadium, where the state-level function will be held, things like lighter, cigarette, carry bags and eatables will not be allowed, he said.
All guest houses and hotels have been asked to strictly check the identity of guests.
Unidentified vehicles entering the city are being intercepted and checked at highways.
Security arrangements in other districts will also remain tight.
Governor Margaret Alva will felicitate 18 officers and other personnel of the police department at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!