Self-proclaimed godman arrested in Jaipur
Jajpur: A self-proclaimed godman was arrested for allegedly outraging the modesty of a minor girl at Bhaliuagaon village in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Wednesday.
The accused, identified as Rama Chandra Sahu (30) of Simulia Maidipur village in the district, was arrested after the girl lodged a complaint against him with Bari Police Station on Monday, Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar said.
According to the FIR filed with the police, Sahu, a self proclaimed Godman, used to visit Bhalinuagaon village and stayed at the house of Babuli Paramanik. During his stay, both Paramanik and his wife became his disciples, police said.
"The self-styled godman had visited Paramanik`s house on Monday. He called Paramanik`s 17-year-old daughter. When the girl went to him, the man touched her with bad intention," the victim said in her FIR.
The victim reported it to her parents following which an FIR was lodged against the accused with the local police.
When the news spread, local villagers congregated and caught hold of him.
"The self-styled godman was arrested on Monday under Section 354 (assault to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan