Self-proclaimed godman arrested in Jaipur
Jajpur: A self-proclaimed godman was arrested for allegedly outraging the modesty of a minor girl at Bhaliuagaon village in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Wednesday.
The accused, identified as Rama Chandra Sahu (30) of Simulia Maidipur village in the district, was arrested after the girl lodged a complaint against him with Bari Police Station on Monday, Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar said.
According to the FIR filed with the police, Sahu, a self proclaimed Godman, used to visit Bhalinuagaon village and stayed at the house of Babuli Paramanik. During his stay, both Paramanik and his wife became his disciples, police said.
"The self-styled godman had visited Paramanik`s house on Monday. He called Paramanik`s 17-year-old daughter. When the girl went to him, the man touched her with bad intention," the victim said in her FIR.
The victim reported it to her parents following which an FIR was lodged against the accused with the local police.
When the news spread, local villagers congregated and caught hold of him.
"The self-styled godman was arrested on Monday under Section 354 (assault to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''