Sena felicitates Dargah diwan for opposing Ashraf`s visit
Ajmer: Shiv Sena on Tuesday felicitated here the spiritual head of Ajmer Dargah, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan for boycotting Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf`s recent visit to the shrine.
A delegation led by Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut honoured Ali, the descendant of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti and Ajmer Dargah Diwan, by presenting him with a sword and a shawl as a token of respect.
The move came after Ali`s boycott of Ashraf`s visit in protest of the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army on the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir in January.
"We came here on direction by our leader Uddhav to personally thank and honour Diwan sahab for showing courage to oppose the visit of Pakistan`s Prime Minister," Raut told reporters after his meeting with the Diwan.
He said the visit should not be politicised.
During the meeting, Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray also spoke to the Diwan on telephone and invited him to visit Maharastra.
In turn, Diwan also invited Thackeray to be his guest in Ajmer. Sena had also strongly opposed the Pakistani Prime Minister`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'