Senior cop removed after Union Min`s dharna over murder case
Jaipur: A senior police official was on Monday removed from his post following a protest demonstration by Union Minister Lalchand Katariya, demanding action against him for alleged "negligence" in the investigation of an abduction and murder case.
"Additional DCP Yogesh Goyal was removed from the post and was shifted to intelligence unit following direction from home department," DCP (West) Dr Ravi told reporters here.
Katariya, the MoS for Rural Development, staged a dharna outside Jhotwara police station last evening demanding removal of Goyal.
However, later, he called off the dharna after getting assurance from the government.
Sunil Jat, who was engaged in share trading, was allegedly abducted and murdered by two men, who dumped his body on Pushkar-Nagaur road on April 1. The body was recovered on April 6.
"Kataria went to console the family of Sunil, who was also a Congress worker, yesterday when his family members alleged that police showed laxity in investigation following which Kataria sat on a dharna demanding fair investigation," an aide of the minister said.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA Kalicharan Saraf targeted the state government over the dharna by the Union Minister and said that a minister has to stage a dharna to demand fair investigation.
"Their own union minister sat on Dharna against inaction of police and criticised the state government. It clearly shows that what is the situation of the state government," Saraf told media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security