Senior cop removed after Union Min`s dharna over murder case
Jaipur: A senior police official was on Monday removed from his post following a protest demonstration by Union Minister Lalchand Katariya, demanding action against him for alleged "negligence" in the investigation of an abduction and murder case.
"Additional DCP Yogesh Goyal was removed from the post and was shifted to intelligence unit following direction from home department," DCP (West) Dr Ravi told reporters here.
Katariya, the MoS for Rural Development, staged a dharna outside Jhotwara police station last evening demanding removal of Goyal.
However, later, he called off the dharna after getting assurance from the government.
Sunil Jat, who was engaged in share trading, was allegedly abducted and murdered by two men, who dumped his body on Pushkar-Nagaur road on April 1. The body was recovered on April 6.
"Kataria went to console the family of Sunil, who was also a Congress worker, yesterday when his family members alleged that police showed laxity in investigation following which Kataria sat on a dharna demanding fair investigation," an aide of the minister said.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA Kalicharan Saraf targeted the state government over the dharna by the Union Minister and said that a minister has to stage a dharna to demand fair investigation.
"Their own union minister sat on Dharna against inaction of police and criticised the state government. It clearly shows that what is the situation of the state government," Saraf told media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway