Senior IAS Officer cremated in Jaipur
Jaipur: The mortal remains of senior IAS officer V K Singh, who was the Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), were on Tuesday consigned to flames here amid chanting of the Vedic matras.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were among the politicians who attended the cremation of Singh at Lalkothi cremation ground.
Singh (57), an IAS officer of the 1978 batch, was wounded when a speeding car hit him while he was returning home after a morning walk yesterday. He succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital later.
He has held several important positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal Secretary in departments of forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was a former District Collector in Churu.
Singh is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know