Senior IAS Officer cremated in Jaipur
Jaipur: The mortal remains of senior IAS officer V K Singh, who was the Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), were on Tuesday consigned to flames here amid chanting of the Vedic matras.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were among the politicians who attended the cremation of Singh at Lalkothi cremation ground.
Singh (57), an IAS officer of the 1978 batch, was wounded when a speeding car hit him while he was returning home after a morning walk yesterday. He succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital later.
He has held several important positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal Secretary in departments of forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was a former District Collector in Churu.
Singh is survived by his wife and two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?