Senior IAS Officer cremated in Jaipur
Jaipur: The mortal remains of senior IAS officer V K Singh, who was the Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), were on Tuesday consigned to flames here amid chanting of the Vedic matras.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were among the politicians who attended the cremation of Singh at Lalkothi cremation ground.
Singh (57), an IAS officer of the 1978 batch, was wounded when a speeding car hit him while he was returning home after a morning walk yesterday. He succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital later.
He has held several important positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal Secretary in departments of forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was a former District Collector in Churu.
Singh is survived by his wife and two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends