Senior IAS Officer cremated in Jaipur
Jaipur: The mortal remains of senior IAS officer V K Singh, who was the Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), were on Tuesday consigned to flames here amid chanting of the Vedic matras.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were among the politicians who attended the cremation of Singh at Lalkothi cremation ground.
Singh (57), an IAS officer of the 1978 batch, was wounded when a speeding car hit him while he was returning home after a morning walk yesterday. He succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital later.
He has held several important positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal Secretary in departments of forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was a former District Collector in Churu.
Singh is survived by his wife and two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban