Senior IAS Officer cremated in Jaipur
Jaipur: The mortal remains of senior IAS officer V K Singh, who was the Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), were on Tuesday consigned to flames here amid chanting of the Vedic matras.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were among the politicians who attended the cremation of Singh at Lalkothi cremation ground.
Singh (57), an IAS officer of the 1978 batch, was wounded when a speeding car hit him while he was returning home after a morning walk yesterday. He succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital later.
He has held several important positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal Secretary in departments of forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was a former District Collector in Churu.
Singh is survived by his wife and two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees