Senior IAS officer killed in mishap in Jaipur
Jaipur: A senior IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre was Monday killed when a speeding car hit him near the central park here, police said.
V S Singh (57), who is survived by his wife and two married daughters, was the Additional Chief Secretary-Forest and Environment. He was returning after a morning walk when the accident took place.
"He was crossing the road with two others when an Alto car hit them. They were rushed to SMS hospital where Singh died," police commissioner B L Soni said.
"The driver was held on the spot and the car has been seized," he added.
SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh said, "the officer was critically injured and succumbed to injuries."
Singh was an IAS officer of the 1978 batch and held several positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal secretary in several departments like forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was the district collector in Churu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index