Senior IAS officer killed in mishap in Jaipur
Jaipur: A senior IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre was Monday killed when a speeding car hit him near the central park here, police said.
V S Singh (57), who is survived by his wife and two married daughters, was the Additional Chief Secretary-Forest and Environment. He was returning after a morning walk when the accident took place.
"He was crossing the road with two others when an Alto car hit them. They were rushed to SMS hospital where Singh died," police commissioner B L Soni said.
"The driver was held on the spot and the car has been seized," he added.
SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh said, "the officer was critically injured and succumbed to injuries."
Singh was an IAS officer of the 1978 batch and held several positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal secretary in several departments like forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was the district collector in Churu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming