Senior police officers named in Meena suicide note
Jaipur: A case of abetment to suicide was registered against two senior police officers after a note left by the relative of slain IRS officer alleged that he was tortured during interrogation in connection with the murder.
Kamal Meena, a distant relative of a slain IRS officer Sriram Meena, committed suicide on Friday by jumping before a train at Shivdaspura railway crossing.
The suicide note written by Kamal held Additional DCP (East) Yogesh Dadhich and ACP (Sanganer) Rajesh Meel responsible for his suicide, alleging that he was harassed and pressurised by the police to forcibly admit that he had killed Sriram Meena.
"A case against both the officers was registered under section 306 of IPC (Abetment of suicide) and 3- 2(5) SC/ST act with Shivdaspura police station last evening," Police Commissioner Biju George Joseph said.
Additional DCP (South) Prahlad Krishnia is investigating the case.
Kamal Meena was questioned two times on Wednesday and Thursday in connection with the killing of Sriram Meena, Deputy Director at Directorate of Central Excise Intelligence, who was found murdered in his house in Jagannathpuri locality in Sanganer on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened