Senior police official arrested on extortion charge
Jaipur: Two persons, including a senior police official were arrested by the anti-corruption bureau for allegedly extorting money from all police stations of the district.
Superintendent of Police Rajesh Meena and another person, who allegedly used to extort money from SHOs of police stations of the district on his behalf, were arrested late last night.
The bureau sleuths also recovered unaccounted cash from Meena`s residence, IG ACB Umesh Mishra said.
"Ramdev Singh used to collect money from SHOs of police stations in Ajmer on behalf of the SP on a monthly basis. A sudden inspection was conducted yesterday and the team recovered a bag containing Rs 2.05 lakh from the house where Rajesh Meena and Ramdev Singh were sitting in a room," Mishra said.
Later, unaccounted cash to the tune Rs 3 lakh was also found in the house, he said.
"Ramdev has confessed to have collected the money on the SP`s behalf following which the SP was arrested for misusing his official powers and Ramdev was also placed under arrest. Both will produce in a local court in Ajmer," the IG said.
Meena, who was promoted from Rajasthan Police Service to IPS, is posted as Ajmer SP since October, 2011.
Last year, a probationary IPS officer Ajay Singh was suspended for taking bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh during his posting as the ASP in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali