Senior police official arrested on extortion charge
Jaipur: Two persons, including a senior police official were arrested by the anti-corruption bureau for allegedly extorting money from all police stations of the district.
Superintendent of Police Rajesh Meena and another person, who allegedly used to extort money from SHOs of police stations of the district on his behalf, were arrested late last night.
The bureau sleuths also recovered unaccounted cash from Meena`s residence, IG ACB Umesh Mishra said.
"Ramdev Singh used to collect money from SHOs of police stations in Ajmer on behalf of the SP on a monthly basis. A sudden inspection was conducted yesterday and the team recovered a bag containing Rs 2.05 lakh from the house where Rajesh Meena and Ramdev Singh were sitting in a room," Mishra said.
Later, unaccounted cash to the tune Rs 3 lakh was also found in the house, he said.
"Ramdev has confessed to have collected the money on the SP`s behalf following which the SP was arrested for misusing his official powers and Ramdev was also placed under arrest. Both will produce in a local court in Ajmer," the IG said.
Meena, who was promoted from Rajasthan Police Service to IPS, is posted as Ajmer SP since October, 2011.
Last year, a probationary IPS officer Ajay Singh was suspended for taking bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh during his posting as the ASP in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH