Services at three Jodhpur hospitals hit by doctors` strike
Jodhpur: Services at three government hospitals of Jodhpur were affected for the second time in a week on Monday after resident doctors suspended work citing inadequate security.
Resident doctors of MDM Hospital, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital and Umaid Hospital here went on strike on Sunday night following the assault of their colleague by the family of a patient who died in the trauma centre of MDM Hospital.
A meeting between the medical college administration and police to discuss security arrangements in the hospitals, which is the main demand of the striking doctors, was unfruitful as they remained on strike till late night.
Acting Principal of S N Medical College Kamal Kant said despite assurances that police will take charge at the trauma centre, emergencies, in-door wards and OPDs from Wednesday, the doctors have refused to resume duty till the arrangements were seen on-ground.
It was decided during the meeting between the college administration and police that the latter will take charge of the hospitals` security until the medical college engages a professional security agency.
Meanwhile, installation of the CCTV cameras has already started following the strike last week.
The medical college administration has also made arrangements to make up for the shortage of doctors in the hospitals. "We have roped in senior doctors and have also been provided some doctors by Army, ESI and CMHO," said Kant.
Owing to the strike of radiographers and nurses, the services in the government hospitals are already haywire and this second strike of resident doctors within a week has added to grievances of the patients.
Last week, medicos at Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur, Ajmer and Bikaner medical colleges had gone on three-day strike after some relatives of a patient beat up and tore clothes of two resident doctors and a nursing staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!