Services at three Jodhpur hospitals hit by doctors` strike
Jodhpur: Services at three government hospitals of Jodhpur were affected for the second time in a week on Monday after resident doctors suspended work citing inadequate security.
Resident doctors of MDM Hospital, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital and Umaid Hospital here went on strike on Sunday night following the assault of their colleague by the family of a patient who died in the trauma centre of MDM Hospital.
A meeting between the medical college administration and police to discuss security arrangements in the hospitals, which is the main demand of the striking doctors, was unfruitful as they remained on strike till late night.
Acting Principal of S N Medical College Kamal Kant said despite assurances that police will take charge at the trauma centre, emergencies, in-door wards and OPDs from Wednesday, the doctors have refused to resume duty till the arrangements were seen on-ground.
It was decided during the meeting between the college administration and police that the latter will take charge of the hospitals` security until the medical college engages a professional security agency.
Meanwhile, installation of the CCTV cameras has already started following the strike last week.
The medical college administration has also made arrangements to make up for the shortage of doctors in the hospitals. "We have roped in senior doctors and have also been provided some doctors by Army, ESI and CMHO," said Kant.
Owing to the strike of radiographers and nurses, the services in the government hospitals are already haywire and this second strike of resident doctors within a week has added to grievances of the patients.
Last week, medicos at Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur, Ajmer and Bikaner medical colleges had gone on three-day strike after some relatives of a patient beat up and tore clothes of two resident doctors and a nursing staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming