Seven arrested but no clue of Bhanwari case accuse
Jodhpur: Seven persons have been arrested in connection with the escape of Bhanwari Devi case accused Kailash Jakhar last week following a shoot-out in high court premises, police said Monday.
"We have so far arrested seven persons in this connection and have been interrogating them to get the clues about Jakhar," said Police Commissioner Bhupendra Kumar Dak.
Six of those arrested were present in the court on Thursday during the shootout. Pappu Bishnoi from Shergarh, who was arrested today, was allegedly among the planners.
"We are confident of extracting some vital clues regarding other attackers and Jakhar," said Dak.
Meanwhile, joint police teams from both commissionerate and rural police are frantically searching for Jakhar in Jodhpur and other surrounding districts.
Dak said that "we have already announced a cash reward of Rs 4000 for any clue leading to whereabouts of Jakhar and have also written to the police headquarter to increase the same to the maximum possible level.
"Approval in this regard is expected by Tuesday," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics