Seven arrested with illegal arms in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seven persons were today arrested with illegal arms and live cartridges in Rajasthan`s Kota and Barmer districts, police said.
Of the seven, four persons who were planning a robbery were held today in Kota with four rifles, guns, over 140 live cartridges, chili powder, Rs 1.18 lakh cash and two cars, they said.
They were held jointly by the district police and special operation group near a resort following a tip off that the criminals were planning to rob a few rich families in the district on Holi, a senior police official said here.
The accused were identified as Jogendra Singh, Peer Mohammad, Ajay Singh and Dharmendra who are the members of Shivraj Singh gang, he said, adding, that four others managed to escape and are being searched.
In another case, three criminals, who were travelling in an SUV on a mega highway, were held with two illegal weapons and live cartridges in Barmer district.
A China-made pistol and a double barrel gun with 28 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, SP Barmer said, adding that the accused have been identified as Anil (26), Mahesh (26) and Rajkumar (37).
Rs 44,500 in cash and ten mobile phones and batteries were also recovered from the accused who have been involved in various other incidents, he said.
Their vehicle was stopped in a checking following which the recovery was made, he said, adding, that the accused were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report