Seven killed, 29 injured in separate mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seven persons were killed and 29
others injured in separate road mishaps in two different parts
of Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Five persons were killed and 29 others injured when a
car and a bus collided in Nagaur district, they said.
"The speeding private bus, which was on its way from
Nagaur to Ladnu, overturned after it hit the car which was
coming from the opposite direction," they said.
"Victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where five
persons, including two bus passengers, were declared brought
dead," police said, adding, the condition of one injured
person was stated to be serious.
The deceased were identified as Pratap Singh (50),
Rafeek (30), Prathvi Singh (20), Trilok Singh (25) and
Veerendra Singh (25).
Two pedestrians were mowed down by a state roadway bus
at Jodhpur road in Sikar district, police said.
"The victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where
they succumbed to their injuries. They were identified as
Surendra (16) and Devendra (13)," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit