Seven killed, 29 injured in separate mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seven persons were killed and 29
others injured in separate road mishaps in two different parts
of Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Five persons were killed and 29 others injured when a
car and a bus collided in Nagaur district, they said.
"The speeding private bus, which was on its way from
Nagaur to Ladnu, overturned after it hit the car which was
coming from the opposite direction," they said.
"Victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where five
persons, including two bus passengers, were declared brought
dead," police said, adding, the condition of one injured
person was stated to be serious.
The deceased were identified as Pratap Singh (50),
Rafeek (30), Prathvi Singh (20), Trilok Singh (25) and
Veerendra Singh (25).
Two pedestrians were mowed down by a state roadway bus
at Jodhpur road in Sikar district, police said.
"The victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where
they succumbed to their injuries. They were identified as
Surendra (16) and Devendra (13)," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report