Seven killed, 29 injured in separate mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seven persons were killed and 29
others injured in separate road mishaps in two different parts
of Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Five persons were killed and 29 others injured when a
car and a bus collided in Nagaur district, they said.
"The speeding private bus, which was on its way from
Nagaur to Ladnu, overturned after it hit the car which was
coming from the opposite direction," they said.
"Victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where five
persons, including two bus passengers, were declared brought
dead," police said, adding, the condition of one injured
person was stated to be serious.
The deceased were identified as Pratap Singh (50),
Rafeek (30), Prathvi Singh (20), Trilok Singh (25) and
Veerendra Singh (25).
Two pedestrians were mowed down by a state roadway bus
at Jodhpur road in Sikar district, police said.
"The victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where
they succumbed to their injuries. They were identified as
Surendra (16) and Devendra (13)," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand