Seven killed, 29 injured in separate mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seven persons were killed and 29
others injured in separate road mishaps in two different parts
of Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Five persons were killed and 29 others injured when a
car and a bus collided in Nagaur district, they said.
"The speeding private bus, which was on its way from
Nagaur to Ladnu, overturned after it hit the car which was
coming from the opposite direction," they said.
"Victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where five
persons, including two bus passengers, were declared brought
dead," police said, adding, the condition of one injured
person was stated to be serious.
The deceased were identified as Pratap Singh (50),
Rafeek (30), Prathvi Singh (20), Trilok Singh (25) and
Veerendra Singh (25).
Two pedestrians were mowed down by a state roadway bus
at Jodhpur road in Sikar district, police said.
"The victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where
they succumbed to their injuries. They were identified as
Surendra (16) and Devendra (13)," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender