Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu to be released from jail?
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, lodged in a jail since September 2 last year after he was booked in a sexual assault case, on Tuesday seemed confident of getting out of prison in two days.
Speaking to reporters, Asaram said that game will come to an end in another two days, thus indicating his possible release from jail.
Last week, the local magistrate`s court committed (transferred) the case of rape against Asaram to the sessions court here.
Chief Judicial Magistrate JB Parikh ordered "committal of proceedings" and posted the hearing to May 23.
The case here relates to the complaint filed by a Surat-based woman, who has alleged that Asaram exploited her sexually when she was staying in his Ashram from 1997 to 2006.
Her younger sister has filed similar complaint against Asaram`s son, Narayan Sai.
In the present case, apart from Asaram and his wife, their daughter Bharti and four of his women followers have been named as accused.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror