Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu to be released from jail?
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, lodged in a jail since September 2 last year after he was booked in a sexual assault case, on Tuesday seemed confident of getting out of prison in two days.
Speaking to reporters, Asaram said that game will come to an end in another two days, thus indicating his possible release from jail.
Last week, the local magistrate`s court committed (transferred) the case of rape against Asaram to the sessions court here.
Chief Judicial Magistrate JB Parikh ordered "committal of proceedings" and posted the hearing to May 23.
The case here relates to the complaint filed by a Surat-based woman, who has alleged that Asaram exploited her sexually when she was staying in his Ashram from 1997 to 2006.
Her younger sister has filed similar complaint against Asaram`s son, Narayan Sai.
In the present case, apart from Asaram and his wife, their daughter Bharti and four of his women followers have been named as accused.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!