Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu to be released from jail?
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, lodged in a jail since September 2 last year after he was booked in a sexual assault case, on Tuesday seemed confident of getting out of prison in two days.
Speaking to reporters, Asaram said that game will come to an end in another two days, thus indicating his possible release from jail.
Last week, the local magistrate`s court committed (transferred) the case of rape against Asaram to the sessions court here.
Chief Judicial Magistrate JB Parikh ordered "committal of proceedings" and posted the hearing to May 23.
The case here relates to the complaint filed by a Surat-based woman, who has alleged that Asaram exploited her sexually when she was staying in his Ashram from 1997 to 2006.
Her younger sister has filed similar complaint against Asaram`s son, Narayan Sai.
In the present case, apart from Asaram and his wife, their daughter Bharti and four of his women followers have been named as accused.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE