Sexual assault case: Asaram examined by team of doctors
Jodhpur: A medical board constituted to examine incarcerated self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s health, to ascertain if he needs "special food" from outside jail, on Monday examined him in Central jail here.
After the examination he was taken to MDM Hospital this afternoon for Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
On September 6, District and Session Court (rural) had directed a medical board to examine Asaram while hearing an application by him seeking facilities like special health food, bed, `Gangajal` and some other articles for carrying out prayers in the jail.
Today, team of doctors examined Asaram thoroughly to verify whether he has been suffering from some "serious diseases", as his counsels had argued in the court.
"The medical report will be produced in the court tomorrow, after which the court will decide whether he has to be given the medicated food in the jail or not," said the counsel for prosecution Pradhyumn Singh.
He was taken to MDM hospital at about 4.15 PM from jail for MRI, where he had to wait for over an hour for his turn, before leaving the hospital at 6.15 PM amid tight security.
Meanwhile, the defence did not move any application in the High Court today.
Speculation is rife that Asaram has been looking forward to rope in a big lawyer from New Delhi to file his bail application in the High Court to make sure that it is not rejected this time.
His local counsels, however, refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony