Sexual assault case: Asaram fears officials would inject him with harmful medicines
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is accused of sexually assaulting a minor girl at his ashram, is not ready to give his blood samples for tests.
The self-styled spiritual guru was on Wednesday taken to the MDM hospital for a test but he refused to cooperate with the authorities there.
Asaram even questioned the motive behind the test and alleged that the officials would inject him with some harmful medicines.
The Jodhpur police, which is probing the case, wants Asaram`s blood samples as the father of the sexual assault case victim has also demanded that Narco test be conducted on him.
On previous occasions too, the 72-year-old spiritual guru had lost his temper and abused authorities for ill-treating him. He had earlier requested food from outside the jail claiming that he was not keeping well.
The court then ordered that a medical board be constituted and Asaram be subjected to some tests. He was then to the MDM hospital for MRI and health check-up.
The medical team has not disclosed his report which will be submitted in the court. A lower court has already rejected Asaram`s bail plea and his lawyers are preparing to move the High Court for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey