Sexual assault case: Asaram’s judicial custody ends today
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The 14-day judicial custody of self-styled godman, Asaram, who was arrested for sexual assault of a minor girl will come to an end on Sunday.
The controversial 72-year-old Asaram had moved a bail application in Rajasthan High Court, the hearing of which is expected on Monday.
Asaram’s aide Shiva, caretaker of the ashram, is considered to be a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking for Shilpi, the hostel warden at Gurukul, to get more details about the case.
Asaram was sent to judicial custody by a local court in the after a 16-year old girl lodged a complaint of sexual assault against him at his Jodhpur ashram with the police on August 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters