Sexual assault case: Asaram`s judicial custody extended till November 6
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: A Jodhpur sessions court on Saturday extended the judicial custody of Asaram Bapu till November 6, who is accused of sexually assaulting a minor at his ashram.
However, the Jodhpur Police didn’t filed its chargesheet against Asaram. Four accomplices of 72-year old Asaram were also sent to judicial custody.
The controversial Asaram has been accused of rape, sexual assault and illegal confinement by two Surat-based sisters. He was arrested in August on the charge of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in prison at Jodhpur since then.
Asaram was on Friday produced before the Jodhpur sessions court, which extended his police custody for one more day till today.
The self-styled godman Asaram was brought back to Jodhpur from Surat on Tuesday night.
He was taken to Ahmedabad by Gujarat Police for questioning in a sexual assault case against him and his son Narayan Sai.
His son, Narayan Sai, who is still absconding, has also been named in the chargesheet.
Asaram had been lodged in Jodhpur jail since August in another sexual assault case before he was brought to Ahmedabad on October 15 after Gujarat Police produced a production warrant against him and was granted Asaram`s custody by Jodhpur sessions court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future