Sexual assault case: Court rejects Asaram`s aide Shilpi`s bail
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A District and Sessions court here on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail plea of self-styled godman Asaram`s aide and Chhindwara hostel warden Shilpi.
Shilpi is a co-accused in the case of alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl by the spiritual guru. She had filed an anticipatory bail plea in a local court on Wednesday.
Shilpi had allegedly advised the girl`s parents to take her to Asaram to "ward off evil souls" leading to the sexual assault.
The petitioner had said that she had already been interrogated and there was no need to arrest her and she had no control over female boarders of the hostel.
Shilpi also claimed that Asaram was just a trustee of the gurukul and hence had no direct control over the hostel.
However, counsel for the victim, Manish Vyas, claimed that facts mentioned by Shilpi were far from reality as there were adequate evidence against her.
Police are now trying to arrest the rest of the accused in the case -- Shilpi, Sharad Chandra (caretaker of gurukul) and Prakash (cook of Asaram), who was with him at Manai ashram on the night of incident.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajay Pal Lamba had said that she was on police`s radar and would be arrested at an appropriate time.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?