Sexual assault case: Credible evidence against Asaram Bapu, claim police
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur police, which is probing the charges of sexual assault levelled by a minor against controversial godman Asaram Bapu, has claimed it has credible evidence against him.
Reports, Thursday, quoted Ajay Pal Lamba, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jodhpur, as saying, "Our teams went to his ashrams in Gurukul, Shahjahanpur, Ahmedabad and Indore. The investigation was done by these teams on what the girl said. We have verified the charges and found some evidence to verify it."
However Asaram Bapu, who was served summons earlier this week and has been ordered to travel to Jodhpur by Friday for interrogation by the police, still insists that he is innocent.
The 72-year-old spiritual leader also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram also went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
The controversial spiritual guru also apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak, which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Asaram Bapu has also written a letter to Jodhpur police seeking more time to appear before it in connection with the sexual assault case.
In his letter, Asaram said that he has prior commitments in other cities due to which he cannot appear before September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users