Sexual assault case: Credible evidence against Asaram Bapu, claim police
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur police, which is probing the charges of sexual assault levelled by a minor against controversial godman Asaram Bapu, has claimed it has credible evidence against him.
Reports, Thursday, quoted Ajay Pal Lamba, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jodhpur, as saying, "Our teams went to his ashrams in Gurukul, Shahjahanpur, Ahmedabad and Indore. The investigation was done by these teams on what the girl said. We have verified the charges and found some evidence to verify it."
However Asaram Bapu, who was served summons earlier this week and has been ordered to travel to Jodhpur by Friday for interrogation by the police, still insists that he is innocent.
The 72-year-old spiritual leader also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram also went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
The controversial spiritual guru also apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak, which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Asaram Bapu has also written a letter to Jodhpur police seeking more time to appear before it in connection with the sexual assault case.
In his letter, Asaram said that he has prior commitments in other cities due to which he cannot appear before September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video