Sexual assault case: Credible evidence against Asaram Bapu, claim police
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur police, which is probing the charges of sexual assault levelled by a minor against controversial godman Asaram Bapu, has claimed it has credible evidence against him.
Reports, Thursday, quoted Ajay Pal Lamba, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jodhpur, as saying, "Our teams went to his ashrams in Gurukul, Shahjahanpur, Ahmedabad and Indore. The investigation was done by these teams on what the girl said. We have verified the charges and found some evidence to verify it."
However Asaram Bapu, who was served summons earlier this week and has been ordered to travel to Jodhpur by Friday for interrogation by the police, still insists that he is innocent.
The 72-year-old spiritual leader also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram also went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
The controversial spiritual guru also apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak, which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Asaram Bapu has also written a letter to Jodhpur police seeking more time to appear before it in connection with the sexual assault case.
In his letter, Asaram said that he has prior commitments in other cities due to which he cannot appear before September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Renault Kwid (1.0-litre) SCe vs Maruti Alto K10 vs Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre - Spec Comparison
- Here's everything you want to know about Yo Yo Honey Singh's upcoming song!
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge