Sexual assault case: Credible evidence against Asaram Bapu, claim police
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur police, which is probing the charges of sexual assault levelled by a minor against controversial godman Asaram Bapu, has claimed it has credible evidence against him.
Reports, Thursday, quoted Ajay Pal Lamba, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jodhpur, as saying, "Our teams went to his ashrams in Gurukul, Shahjahanpur, Ahmedabad and Indore. The investigation was done by these teams on what the girl said. We have verified the charges and found some evidence to verify it."
However Asaram Bapu, who was served summons earlier this week and has been ordered to travel to Jodhpur by Friday for interrogation by the police, still insists that he is innocent.
The 72-year-old spiritual leader also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram also went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
The controversial spiritual guru also apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak, which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Asaram Bapu has also written a letter to Jodhpur police seeking more time to appear before it in connection with the sexual assault case.
In his letter, Asaram said that he has prior commitments in other cities due to which he cannot appear before September 19.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India