Sexual assault case: Credible evidence against Asaram Bapu, claim police
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Jodhpur police, which is probing the charges of sexual assault levelled by a minor against controversial godman Asaram Bapu, has claimed it has credible evidence against him.
Reports, Thursday, quoted Ajay Pal Lamba, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jodhpur, as saying, "Our teams went to his ashrams in Gurukul, Shahjahanpur, Ahmedabad and Indore. The investigation was done by these teams on what the girl said. We have verified the charges and found some evidence to verify it."
However Asaram Bapu, who was served summons earlier this week and has been ordered to travel to Jodhpur by Friday for interrogation by the police, still insists that he is innocent.
The 72-year-old spiritual leader also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram also went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
The controversial spiritual guru also apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak, which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Asaram Bapu has also written a letter to Jodhpur police seeking more time to appear before it in connection with the sexual assault case.
In his letter, Asaram said that he has prior commitments in other cities due to which he cannot appear before September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow