Sexual assault case: HC to hear Asaram Bapu’s bail plea on Sept 18
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court will on Wednesday hear the bail application of Asaram Bapu, who is accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in his ashram.
Meanwhile, the controversial godman was sent to 14-days judicial custody by the Jodhpur District and Sessions Court in connection with the sexual assault case today.
On September 04 a lower court had rejected the bail plea of Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
Asaram, who was arrested from his ashram in Madhya Pradesh`s Indore, sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under rape charges, which is non-bailable.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking forward to the other three co-accused - Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the self-styled godman - to wrap up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur. The spiritual guru has denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore