Sexual assault case: HC to hear Asaram Bapu’s bail plea on Sept 18
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan High Court will on Wednesday hear the bail application of Asaram Bapu, who is accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in his ashram.
Meanwhile, the controversial godman was sent to 14-days judicial custody by the Jodhpur District and Sessions Court in connection with the sexual assault case today.
On September 04 a lower court had rejected the bail plea of Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
Asaram, who was arrested from his ashram in Madhya Pradesh`s Indore, sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under rape charges, which is non-bailable.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking forward to the other three co-accused - Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the self-styled godman - to wrap up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur. The spiritual guru has denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read