Sexual assault case: Police reject Asaram`s request for more time
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Even as Asaram`s son on Wednesday called the 15-year old girl `mentally unstable`, the Jodhpur police on Wednesday rejected the self-styled godman`s request for more time to appear before it in the sexual assault case, as per reports. Asaram had sought more time from the police after a lookout notice was issued against him.
The controversial godman is accused of sexually assaulting a minor at his Ashram in Rajasthan. He was served the summons at his Indore ashram yesterday, in which he was asked to appear before the investigating officer at Jodhpur latest by 30 August.
While receiving the summon, Asaram had told the team that he had various pre-decided religious fixtures lined up till September 19, and would not be able to appear for interrogation till then. The team had then sought a written request in this regard.
It may be recalled that two separate summons had been served by Jodhpur Police - one at his Ahmedabad ashram and the other to Asaram himself at his Indore ashram.
Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai today said the girl, who had levelled charges of sexual abuse against his father, was "mentally unstable". "She used to take around two to two-and-half hours to bathe. And even during recess while in Chhindwara gurukul in Madhya Pradesh, she took 45 minutes. She seemed to be mentally unstable. To solve this problem, the parents of the girl accompanied her from Chhindwara to Jodhpur to take her to Asaram Bapu," Sai told his supporters in Rajkot.
Meanwhile, angered by the alleged sexual assault on the minor, Bhimsena activist ransacked Asaram Ashram at Fetari Nagpur.
The girl was studying in class 12 at Asaram`s Chhindwara gurukul before she was sent to Jodhpur ashram, police said. Asaram has claimed that he was innocent and regards the minor as his "daughter". He also assured to cooperate with the police in the matter, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal