Shift Maderna, Bishnoi back to jail: Court
Jodhpur: A court here today directed that sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, accused in Bhanwari Devi murder case, be shifted back from hospital to jails outside the city after it found their medical reports "vague".
The order of the Additional Chief Judical Magistrate (SC/ST Cases) came on a CBI plea objecting to their stay in private hospitals in Jodhpur.
Maderna and Bishnoi are admitted in separate private hospitals in Jodhpur since November 9 and January 8 respectively.
Senior Special Counsel for CBI Ashok Joshi said both of them were shifted to Jaipur and Ajmer jails on the direction of the High Court on March 29 last year after CBI expressed apprehension that their presence in the city could affect investigation in the case and influence witnesses.
"But their keeping themselves relocated in Jodhpur in the name of treatment, was amounting to defeating those orders," he said.
The CBI counsel said the two would have to be shifted back in two days. He said that the court has considered their medical reports "vague in terms of treatment and has asked them to approach their respective jail administration if they want treatment for their mentioned treatments."
The jail administration may arrange for their treatment with the government hospitals in respective towns.
In their medical report, it was mentioned that they are undergoing treatment for disk prolapse and gallbladder stone.
"But none of them had undergone required surgery for that," Joshi said.
Earlier, Bishnoi has undergone surgery for Hernia and had remained admitted in a private hospital from October 5 to December 10.
But then again, after a brief stint in Ajmer jail, he was admitted in a private hospital in Jodhpur on January 8 for problems realted to disk prolapsed in section L4-L5 and stone in gallbladder.
Maderna also has been recommended surgery for his disk prolapsed in L4-L5 section by a medical board of MDM Hospital.
The court was not satisfied with the argument of the defence counsel that their being in Jodhpur would, by no means, be affecting the case as it had already reached the stage of trial.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand