Shifting of Bhanwari case accused to hospital is illegal: CBI
Jodhpur: Terming the shifting of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, one of the key accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, to a private hospital here three days ago, as "illegal", the CBI on Saturday said that it would bring the incident to the notice of ACJM (SC/ST Cases) Court.
"He is currently under the judicial custody and lodged in Ajmer Central Jail as per our knowledge. If he has been shifted to a hospital in Jodhpur, it has been done without any permission of the court, which is illegal," Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi said.
The agency would bring to the notice of the court the shifting of Bishnoi to a hospital here, Joshi said.
"If had any problem or urgency requiring medical aid, he should have been shifted to the government hospital in Ajmer only but the step seemed to have been taken up to escape the jail," the CBI counsel said.
However, the Ajmer jail administration has claimed that Bishnoi has been released from the hospital on courts order.
"The permission was obtained by him from the court a few days back and we released him for the hospital in Jodhpur three days ago," Ajmer jail superintendent Shankar Lal Ojha said.
It may be recalled that Bishnoi had remained in a private hospital in Jaipur for over three months and has sought bail on health grounds twice, both of which have been rejected.
On the other hand, another main accused in the case Mahipal Maderna has also been cooling his heels in a private hospital in Jodhpur for the past two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...