SHO arrested for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police official was arrested today for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to dilute the sections of IPC to help a person in a case.
SHO Muhana Hari Kishan Gaur had demanded a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from Om Prakash to help him in a case lodged at Muhana police station, IG, ACB, Smita Srivastava, said.
After verification of the complaint, a trap was laid and a raid conducted at Gaur`s residence at Kesar Nagar area here, she said.
He was caught while accepting the bribe to dilute section of IPC in the case, Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter