SHO arrested for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police official was arrested today for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to dilute the sections of IPC to help a person in a case.
SHO Muhana Hari Kishan Gaur had demanded a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from Om Prakash to help him in a case lodged at Muhana police station, IG, ACB, Smita Srivastava, said.
After verification of the complaint, a trap was laid and a raid conducted at Gaur`s residence at Kesar Nagar area here, she said.
He was caught while accepting the bribe to dilute section of IPC in the case, Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy