SHO arrested for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police official was arrested today for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to dilute the sections of IPC to help a person in a case.
SHO Muhana Hari Kishan Gaur had demanded a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from Om Prakash to help him in a case lodged at Muhana police station, IG, ACB, Smita Srivastava, said.
After verification of the complaint, a trap was laid and a raid conducted at Gaur`s residence at Kesar Nagar area here, she said.
He was caught while accepting the bribe to dilute section of IPC in the case, Srivastava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender