SHO murder: FIR against 21 named accused in Rajasthan
Jaipur: An FIR has been lodged against 21
named accused and a mob of around 1,000 people, who burnt alive a police inspector in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district, police said.
The FIR has been registered against 21 named accused
and a mob of around 1,000 people, who burnt the Man Town
Station House Officer Phool Mohammad last evening, they said.
Prohibitory orders under section 144 (banning assembly of people) of IPC have already been invoked in the area and additional forces have been deployed to keep the situation under control, they said.
Meanwhile, Divisional Commissioner Bharatpur-
Rajeshwar Singh, IG-Bharatpur Range Madhusudan Singh, IG Law
and order R P Singh today reviewed the situation.
They also held a meeting with District Superintendent
of Police Vishnukant and District Collector Ravi Kumar, they
No arrest in this connection has made so far, they
Meanwhile, Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena visited the
family members of the deceased youth Rajesh Meena, who had
jumped off the tank after setting himself on fire yesterday,
and expressed grief.
Man Town SHO Phool Mohammad was burnt alive in his
jeep by the agitating mob in Surwal village in Sawaimadhopur
last evening after Meena jumped to death from an overhead
water tank to protest alleged police inaction in a murder
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO