Shoe fight in Raj Assembly as tempers flare up
Jaipur: Ugly scenes were witnessed in
Rajasthan Assembly on Monday when an opposition BJP MLA flung a
sandal towards Congress members and a ruling party lawmaker
retaliated by brandishing his shoe following a heated exchange
between two legislators.
Bhawani Singh Rajawat, MLA from Ladpura constituency in
Kota district, was suspended from the House for one year for
hurling the footwear. The sandal, however, did not hit anyone.
The incident occcured when Congress MLA Raghu Sharma
interrupted BJP MLA Pramila Kundara while she was speaking in
the house during the zero hour.
Kundara alleged that Sharma had illegally transferred
18-bigha land of a water body in his wife`s name near
Sheeldoongarli in Chaksu.
Raghu objected and made some comments against Kundara
following which angry BJP MLAs stormed the Well. In the
ruckus, a sandal was hurled towards the Congress MLAs from
among the opposition members and it fell near the officers`
Raghu retaliated by bradishing his shoe at the
opposition following which the House was adjourned for half an
When a securityman took the sandal in his possession,
Congress MLA Pratap Singh took it and the ruling party MLAs
went to the chamber of the Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat.
Later, it became clear that Rajawat had hurled the sandal.
Earlier in the day, the House was adjourned twice
following uproar by the Opposition BJP over the demand of Home
Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari had claimed
in the house on Saturday that Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal
did not table annual report of the home department and
supplementary demands of the departments were passed without
it during last session of the assembly.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat had reserved his ruling
in the matter.
Today, during zero hour, an opposition member raised
the issue of holding of an RCA post by government officer
Dhariwal then informed the house that disciplinary
action will be taken against Sanjay Dixit, IAS officer, for
violation of All India Services (conduct) rules-1968.
He said that Dixit, who was elected RCA President in
March 2009 and Secretary in December 2009, did not seek
permission from central government to contest election of RCA
and action against him will be taken for this.
Dhariwal after this statement tendered his apology for
not tabling annual report of his department during last
session of the assembly.
The Opposition objected to this and said that the Speaker
has not given any ruling in this regard so his apology was not
The House was later adjourned sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog