Shutdown in Rajasthan town after idol desecrated
Jaipur: A shutdown was observed in Jaitran town of Rajasthan on Tuesday on the call of Hindu outfits over an incident of alleged desecration of a religious idol.
The bandh call was given by RSS and VHP after the alleged desecration of the idol on the intervening night of July 27 and 28 in Gopal Dwar area of Jaitran, over 200 kms from here, a police official told a news agency over the phone.
"All markets were closed and roads bore a deserted look," he said.
The bandh call, however, did not affect Eid celebrations in the town which went off peacefully as Muslims offered their prayers at the local Idgah, the police said.
A case under Section 295 of IPC (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) has been registered against unidentified persons.
Though business activities in the city was affected, there were no reports of tension or traffic jams, police said.
It being a holiday on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, all educational institutions and offices remained closed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read