Shutdown in Rajasthan town after idol desecrated
Jaipur: A shutdown was observed in Jaitran town of Rajasthan on Tuesday on the call of Hindu outfits over an incident of alleged desecration of a religious idol.
The bandh call was given by RSS and VHP after the alleged desecration of the idol on the intervening night of July 27 and 28 in Gopal Dwar area of Jaitran, over 200 kms from here, a police official told a news agency over the phone.
"All markets were closed and roads bore a deserted look," he said.
The bandh call, however, did not affect Eid celebrations in the town which went off peacefully as Muslims offered their prayers at the local Idgah, the police said.
A case under Section 295 of IPC (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) has been registered against unidentified persons.
Though business activities in the city was affected, there were no reports of tension or traffic jams, police said.
It being a holiday on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, all educational institutions and offices remained closed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray