Sibal faces political queries on literary platform
Jaipur: Union Minister Kapil Sibal`s poetry
reading session at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival
turned into a political discussion when people bombarded him
with questions ranging from Anna Hazare to internet censorship
to education policies.
A group of youngsters calling themselves "I am Anna",
asked him why can`t the government find a peaceful way to deal
with Anna Hazare.
"I don`t know the definition of peace here. There can be
no peace without dialogue; it can only come with dialogue,"
said Sibal, who was reading from his poetry book at the event.
There can be no peace if you are not willing to listen
to the other person, he added.
Unsatisfied with the reply, the group booed him with a
"no" and shouted "this is wrong".
Replying to queries about the recent controversy over
internet censorship, he said the government does not believe
"We don`t believe in censorship at all...I have given a
public statement saying that this government does not believe
in censorship," the Union Minister for Communication and IT
The session was in for another dramatic turn when a
young man jumped onto the stage and tried to ask a question.
Namita Gokhale, the event organiser, asked him to get
down from the stage and then ask his question.
A person from the audience requested the minister to
write a poem on Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev to which the
minister readily agreed.
"When I will write a poem on that, I will definitely
read it. May be in the third part of this book I will," he
The minister said that he writes most of his poem on his
mobile as he hardly gets time.
"All the poems in this book were written on my mobile"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram