Sibal faces political queries on literary platform
Jaipur: Union Minister Kapil Sibal`s poetry
reading session at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival
turned into a political discussion when people bombarded him
with questions ranging from Anna Hazare to internet censorship
to education policies.
A group of youngsters calling themselves "I am Anna",
asked him why can`t the government find a peaceful way to deal
with Anna Hazare.
"I don`t know the definition of peace here. There can be
no peace without dialogue; it can only come with dialogue,"
said Sibal, who was reading from his poetry book at the event.
There can be no peace if you are not willing to listen
to the other person, he added.
Unsatisfied with the reply, the group booed him with a
"no" and shouted "this is wrong".
Replying to queries about the recent controversy over
internet censorship, he said the government does not believe
"We don`t believe in censorship at all...I have given a
public statement saying that this government does not believe
in censorship," the Union Minister for Communication and IT
The session was in for another dramatic turn when a
young man jumped onto the stage and tried to ask a question.
Namita Gokhale, the event organiser, asked him to get
down from the stage and then ask his question.
A person from the audience requested the minister to
write a poem on Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev to which the
minister readily agreed.
"When I will write a poem on that, I will definitely
read it. May be in the third part of this book I will," he
The minister said that he writes most of his poem on his
mobile as he hardly gets time.
"All the poems in this book were written on my mobile"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM