Sis Ram Ola`s daughter-in-law wins Cong primary from Jhunjhunu
Jaipur: Rajbala Ola, daughter-in-law of former Union minister and veteran Jat leader Sis Ram Ola who died recently, will be the Congress candidate from Jhunjhunu constituency for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Rajbala, former Zilla Pramukh of Jhunjhunu, was elected by Congress men as their candidate through `primary`, a pet project of party vice president Rahul Gandhi to strengthen grassroots democracy.
She got 504 out of total 816 votes polled, whereas her nearest contestant Shrawan Kumar bagged 287 ballots.
Of the total 968 voters, 816 caste their votes. As many as 25 ballots were rejected.
After the process was over, Rajbala, who is the wife of former state minister Brijendra Ola, was declared winner of the Jhunjhunu primary.
Interestingly, Rajbala was also challenged by her son Amit Ola, but his nomination was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack