Sis Ram Ola`s daughter-in-law wins Cong primary from Jhunjhunu
Jaipur: Rajbala Ola, daughter-in-law of former Union minister and veteran Jat leader Sis Ram Ola who died recently, will be the Congress candidate from Jhunjhunu constituency for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Rajbala, former Zilla Pramukh of Jhunjhunu, was elected by Congress men as their candidate through `primary`, a pet project of party vice president Rahul Gandhi to strengthen grassroots democracy.
She got 504 out of total 816 votes polled, whereas her nearest contestant Shrawan Kumar bagged 287 ballots.
Of the total 968 voters, 816 caste their votes. As many as 25 ballots were rejected.
After the process was over, Rajbala, who is the wife of former state minister Brijendra Ola, was declared winner of the Jhunjhunu primary.
Interestingly, Rajbala was also challenged by her son Amit Ola, but his nomination was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?