Six Chinese among nine detained in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Six Chinese nationals are among nine persons who were detained for alleged violation of Immigration Act in Rajasthan`s Sikar district on Friday, a senior police official said.
A placement agency from Mumbai was carrying out a drive to recruit labourers from Sikar for two foreign-based companies without necessary permission, SP Gaurav Goel told PTI.
Six are representatives of a Chinese company, two are employees of the recruitment agency and one is a local manager, he added.
"The agency was holding interviews at a place on Jaipur road for recruitment in `Takania Al Itkan` and `Beijing Construction Engineering Group`. Successful labourers were to be sent to Saudi Arabia for employment," the police official said.
It was mandatory for the placement agency to take separate permissions for conducting the drive for separate companies from Protector of Emigrants but it sought permission only for `Takania Al Itkan` not for the Chinese company but conducted interviews for both the companies, he said.
Besides, the permission (for Takania Al Itkan) was granted by the Protector of Emigrants for July 28 but the interviews were held today, which was also a "violation" of rules, the police official said.
"The placement agency had no permission for holding interviews for the Chinese company. The permission which it was having is for tomorrow and not for today. So, the employees and representatives of the Chinese company were booked under the Immigration Act," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17