Six Chinese among nine detained in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Six Chinese nationals are among nine persons who were detained for alleged violation of Immigration Act in Rajasthan`s Sikar district on Friday, a senior police official said.
A placement agency from Mumbai was carrying out a drive to recruit labourers from Sikar for two foreign-based companies without necessary permission, SP Gaurav Goel told PTI.
Six are representatives of a Chinese company, two are employees of the recruitment agency and one is a local manager, he added.
"The agency was holding interviews at a place on Jaipur road for recruitment in `Takania Al Itkan` and `Beijing Construction Engineering Group`. Successful labourers were to be sent to Saudi Arabia for employment," the police official said.
It was mandatory for the placement agency to take separate permissions for conducting the drive for separate companies from Protector of Emigrants but it sought permission only for `Takania Al Itkan` not for the Chinese company but conducted interviews for both the companies, he said.
Besides, the permission (for Takania Al Itkan) was granted by the Protector of Emigrants for July 28 but the interviews were held today, which was also a "violation" of rules, the police official said.
"The placement agency had no permission for holding interviews for the Chinese company. The permission which it was having is for tomorrow and not for today. So, the employees and representatives of the Chinese company were booked under the Immigration Act," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'