Six Chinese among nine fined for violating Immigration Act
Jaipur: A local court on Saturday slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 each on nine persons, including six Chinese nationals, for violating Immigration Act in Sikar district of Rajasthan.
All the nine persons were arrested and released after they furnished bail bonds late last night, police said.
Sikar Police today filed challan in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) where all the nine persons were present and confessed to have violated the provisions of Act.
The magistrate then imposed the fine of Rs 2,000 on each of them and the case was disposed.
A placement agency of Mumbai was conducting interviews for recruitment in two foreign-based firms `Takania Al Itkan` and `Beijing Construction Engineering Group` without necessary permission.
It was mandatory for the agency to take separate permissions from Protector of Emigrants for conducting the drive, but it sought permission only for `Takania Al Itkan` and not for the Chinese company.
Besides, the permission (for Takania Al Itkan) was granted by the Protector of Emigrants for July 28 but the interviews were held on July 27, which was also a "violation" of rules, a senior police officer said.
For these violations, the police booked two employees of the placement agency, its one local manager and six Chinese nationals who were the representatives of the Chinese company.
Many people from Shekhawati region, comprising of Sikar, Jhunjhunu and nearby areas, go for employment in Gulf nations through placement agencies which hire manpower for their foreign-based clients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters