Six detained for Pratapgarh violence; curfew continues
Jaipur: The Police on Thursday detained six persons in connection with communal clashes in Rajasthan`s Pratapgarh district, which has left three dead and six injured, even as curfew continued in Kotadi village for second consecutive day.
An additional force of 400 policemen has been deployed in the area to maintain law and order and to keep the situation under control, a police officer said.
"The situation in the area is under control. There is no fresh incident of violence. Six miscreants have been rounded up and other identified accused will also be detained soon," the officer said.
A clash erupted on Tuesday night following a verbal spat between group of youths from separate communities in Kotadi village of Prapgarh district.
Over 20 thatched houses and shops were set afire in Kotadi village, where curfew was imposed on Tuesday night and continued for second consecutive day today, District Collector Ratan Lahoty said.
In the incident, Raja Khan (20) of Kotadi village, Bhanwar Singh (50) and Dinesh (25), both from Moheda village, died due to fatal injuries sustained in the violence, while six others injured are admitted to a hospital in Udaipur.
According to the police, the bodies reached houses last evening and funeral will take place today amid tight security.
Tension had escalated in Kotadi and thereafter in Moheda village, at a distance of some 10 kms from Kotadi. It spread to nearby villages of Dalot and Salamgarh, where three shops were vandalised and a house was set aflame by a mob.
The state government has sent one IPS and a few RPS officers to restore harmony in Pratapgarh district. Forces from nearby districts have also been mobilised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in