Six of a family die as car falls into canal
Bijnor: Six members of a family were drowned when the car, they were travelling in, fell into a canal near Chandak head here, police said.
The incident took place when a family of Gulalwali village were returning to their residence after visiting a Gurdwara in Gaundi Khate area, they said.
According to police, the car driver lost control of the vehicle and it fell into the Eastern Ganga canal.
The police team fished out the body of 45-year-old Gurpreet Kaur.
Efforts are afoot to recover the bodies of Gurwinder, Ramandeep, Mandeep, five-year-old Vipin and a woman who were in the car, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats