Six of a family die as car falls into canal
Bijnor: Six members of a family were drowned when the car, they were travelling in, fell into a canal near Chandak head here, police said.
The incident took place when a family of Gulalwali village were returning to their residence after visiting a Gurdwara in Gaundi Khate area, they said.
According to police, the car driver lost control of the vehicle and it fell into the Eastern Ganga canal.
The police team fished out the body of 45-year-old Gurpreet Kaur.
Efforts are afoot to recover the bodies of Gurwinder, Ramandeep, Mandeep, five-year-old Vipin and a woman who were in the car, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'