Six of a family die as car falls into canal
Bijnor: Six members of a family were drowned when the car, they were travelling in, fell into a canal near Chandak head here, police said.
The incident took place when a family of Gulalwali village were returning to their residence after visiting a Gurdwara in Gaundi Khate area, they said.
According to police, the car driver lost control of the vehicle and it fell into the Eastern Ganga canal.
The police team fished out the body of 45-year-old Gurpreet Kaur.
Efforts are afoot to recover the bodies of Gurwinder, Ramandeep, Mandeep, five-year-old Vipin and a woman who were in the car, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling