Six of a family die as car falls into canal
Bijnor: Six members of a family were drowned when the car, they were travelling in, fell into a canal near Chandak head here, police said.
The incident took place when a family of Gulalwali village were returning to their residence after visiting a Gurdwara in Gaundi Khate area, they said.
According to police, the car driver lost control of the vehicle and it fell into the Eastern Ganga canal.
The police team fished out the body of 45-year-old Gurpreet Kaur.
Efforts are afoot to recover the bodies of Gurwinder, Ramandeep, Mandeep, five-year-old Vipin and a woman who were in the car, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie