Six youths killed in truck-car collision
Kota: Six youths were killed in the wee hours of Saturday when their car rammed into a truck here while they were returning from a marriage function.
The car was smashed by a speeding truck, killing five youths on the spot while the sixth succumbed to death during treatment at Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) hospital here, Jodharam Gurjar, SHO, Modak Police Station said.
The youths identified as Kishan Gurjar (21), Hemant Mehra (20), Pankaj Sharma (27), Ashok Choudary (19), Shubam Sharma (25)and Satya Prakash (22) were returning to Kota after attending marriage ceremony of their friend from Jhalawar, he said.
Following the postmortem the dead bodies were handed over to their kins for last rites, Gurjar said adding a case of careless driving has been registered against the truck driver who fled away after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?