Sixth day of agitation: Gujjars block another rail route
Jaipur: Gujjar protestors demanding five percent reservation in government jobs on Saturday blocked the Ajmer-Indore rail track in Bhilwara district on the sixth day of their agitation, disrupting movement of at least eight trains on the route.
The agitators have already occupied Jaipur-Delhi tracks near Bandikui in Dausa and Delhi-Mumbai in Bharatpur district in support of their demands.
"Gujjars are holding meetings at Patoli in Dausa and in Sawaimadhopur, near Kotputli in Jaipur and at Dholpur to discuss the further course of action. A decision to block Jaipur-Delhi and Jaipur-Bharatpur-Agra national highways could be taken in the meetings," Roop Singh, close aide of Bainsla, told a news agency today.
Blockade at Camery, Devlane, Gudhla, Gatka and a few other places in Bharatpur and at Gangapur-Lalsot route continued in Sawaimadhopur district even as around 2,000 to 3,000 Gujjars were squatting on tracks at Pilukarpura in Bharatpur.
Meanwhile, Kirori Singh Bainsla, who is spearheading the agitation at Pilukapura, and his aide Harprasad have taken ill.
"Bainsla is a diabetic and is suffering from cold and fever. Harprasad has also been taken ill due to the cold conditions," he said.
Today is the sixth day of the agitation which has
affected movement of over 50 trains and buses besides causing
loss to the tourism industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations