Sixth day of agitation: Gujjars block another rail route
Jaipur: Gujjar protestors demanding five percent reservation in government jobs on Saturday blocked the Ajmer-Indore rail track in Bhilwara district on the sixth day of their agitation, disrupting movement of at least eight trains on the route.
The agitators have already occupied Jaipur-Delhi tracks near Bandikui in Dausa and Delhi-Mumbai in Bharatpur district in support of their demands.
"Gujjars are holding meetings at Patoli in Dausa and in Sawaimadhopur, near Kotputli in Jaipur and at Dholpur to discuss the further course of action. A decision to block Jaipur-Delhi and Jaipur-Bharatpur-Agra national highways could be taken in the meetings," Roop Singh, close aide of Bainsla, told a news agency today.
Blockade at Camery, Devlane, Gudhla, Gatka and a few other places in Bharatpur and at Gangapur-Lalsot route continued in Sawaimadhopur district even as around 2,000 to 3,000 Gujjars were squatting on tracks at Pilukarpura in Bharatpur.
Meanwhile, Kirori Singh Bainsla, who is spearheading the agitation at Pilukapura, and his aide Harprasad have taken ill.
"Bainsla is a diabetic and is suffering from cold and fever. Harprasad has also been taken ill due to the cold conditions," he said.
Today is the sixth day of the agitation which has
affected movement of over 50 trains and buses besides causing
loss to the tourism industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception