Smart cards to be given to differently-abled persons: Rajasthan govt
Jaipur: Rajasthan government would provide identity numbers and smart cards to differently-abled persons identified in a survey under the Bhamashah scheme, a minister said on Friday.
"It will help them in getting benefits of welfare schemes in an easy way through special camps to be held after the survey," Rajasthan Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Arun Chaturvedi said.
Chairing a state-level coordination meeting, Chaturvedi said the government was committed to make differently-abled persons self-dependent and will ensure that the advantages of schemes reaches all genuine beneficiaries.
He also directed officials of the department to make and implement a work-plan for the year 2014-15 so that differently -abled persons could get required relief and benefits of government scheme, a release quoting Chaturvedi said here.
The Minister asked the officers to make differently-abled persons-friendly toilets in all the government buildings and to increase number of residential schools for them in all the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!