Soaring demand for electricty leads to power cut in Rajasthan
Jaipur: People in Rajasthan will face power cuts from tomorrow with the state government taking a decision in this regard following an increase in the demand for power due to the heat wave.
"Soaring heat has increased demand of electricity, so the electricity corporations have decided to cut power throughout the state in order to maintain balance in power
supply," Chairman of the corporations, R G Gupta, said here today.
"There will be power cut for two hour in the state capital Jaipur, three hour in other divisional headquarters, four hours at district headquarters and six hour in towns with
population of more than 5,000 people.
Electricity will be available from evening to early morning from 7 PM to 6 AM in rural areas while major industries will have to face power cut from 7 PM to 11 PM," he said.
"Power shortage has affected normal life in the north region of the state. However, condition of the state is much better as compared to other Northern states. Punjab`s urban
areas are facing 4-6 hour power cuts, while urban areas in Haryana are facing 6-8 hour power cut," he claimed.
"The decision will be reviewed later depending on weather conditions and availability of electricity," Gupta added.
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security