Social sites to boost Rajasthan tourism
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will use social networking sites and YouTube to attract tourists, an official said.
The state government has earmarked about Rs 50 lakh for developing and marketing pages on social networking websites to popularise state`s tourism destinations, an official of the state tourism department said.
"Social media networking has made communication across borders very fast. To capitalise on this power, we will popularise the state`s tourism spots through social networking websites like Facebook and YouTube," the official said.
The project is called Social Media Optimisation for the Development of Rajasthan Tourism, he added.
Rajasthan is famous for its rich cultural heritage, palaces and forts. On an average, over 20 million domestic and one to 12 million foreign tourists visit the state annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you