Social sites to boost Rajasthan tourism
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will use social networking sites and YouTube to attract tourists, an official said.
The state government has earmarked about Rs 50 lakh for developing and marketing pages on social networking websites to popularise state`s tourism destinations, an official of the state tourism department said.
"Social media networking has made communication across borders very fast. To capitalise on this power, we will popularise the state`s tourism spots through social networking websites like Facebook and YouTube," the official said.
The project is called Social Media Optimisation for the Development of Rajasthan Tourism, he added.
Rajasthan is famous for its rich cultural heritage, palaces and forts. On an average, over 20 million domestic and one to 12 million foreign tourists visit the state annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery