Social sites to boost Rajasthan tourism
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will use social networking sites and YouTube to attract tourists, an official said.
The state government has earmarked about Rs 50 lakh for developing and marketing pages on social networking websites to popularise state`s tourism destinations, an official of the state tourism department said.
"Social media networking has made communication across borders very fast. To capitalise on this power, we will popularise the state`s tourism spots through social networking websites like Facebook and YouTube," the official said.
The project is called Social Media Optimisation for the Development of Rajasthan Tourism, he added.
Rajasthan is famous for its rich cultural heritage, palaces and forts. On an average, over 20 million domestic and one to 12 million foreign tourists visit the state annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit