Social sites to boost Rajasthan tourism
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will use social networking sites and YouTube to attract tourists, an official said.
The state government has earmarked about Rs 50 lakh for developing and marketing pages on social networking websites to popularise state`s tourism destinations, an official of the state tourism department said.
"Social media networking has made communication across borders very fast. To capitalise on this power, we will popularise the state`s tourism spots through social networking websites like Facebook and YouTube," the official said.
The project is called Social Media Optimisation for the Development of Rajasthan Tourism, he added.
Rajasthan is famous for its rich cultural heritage, palaces and forts. On an average, over 20 million domestic and one to 12 million foreign tourists visit the state annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley