Social sites to boost Rajasthan tourism
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will use social networking sites and YouTube to attract tourists, an official said.
The state government has earmarked about Rs 50 lakh for developing and marketing pages on social networking websites to popularise state`s tourism destinations, an official of the state tourism department said.
"Social media networking has made communication across borders very fast. To capitalise on this power, we will popularise the state`s tourism spots through social networking websites like Facebook and YouTube," the official said.
The project is called Social Media Optimisation for the Development of Rajasthan Tourism, he added.
Rajasthan is famous for its rich cultural heritage, palaces and forts. On an average, over 20 million domestic and one to 12 million foreign tourists visit the state annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation