Soldier commits suicide in Bikaner
Bikaner: A solider allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself by a rope in a cantonment in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district on Tuesday.
Lance Naik J D Khetriya, aged 55, was found hanging in a chowky in the morning by another soldier, police said.
The reason why the Lance Naik took the extreme step was not immediately known, they said.
A court of inquiry had been ordered into the incident, a defence spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi