Sonia Gandhi to lay foundation stone of refinery in Rajasthan
Barmer: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will lay the foundation stone of refinery and petro-chemical complex at Pachpadra in Rajasthan`s Barmer district on Sunday.
According to television reports, elaborate security arrangements have been made in Pachpadra in view of the UPA chairperson`s visit.
The Union Cabinet on Friday approved setting up of a nine million tonne refinery-cum-petrochemical complex by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL`s) in Barmer.
The proposed refinery will be a subsidiary of HPCL with its equity of 74 percent to be held by HPCL and 26 percent to be held by the Govt. of Rajasthan.
The cost of the project is estimated at Rs. 37,230 crore. The project cost is proposed to be sourced with a detbt/equity ratio of 1.5:1. Total equity component is Rs.14,892 crore and debt is Rs.22,338 crore. HPCL`s equity contribution is Rs.11,020 crore at 74 percent equity and Govt. of Rajasthan`s equity contribution is Rs.3,872 crore at 26 percent.
M/s. HPCL has signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 14th May, 2013 with Govt. of Rajasthan in this regard. HPCL has subsequently also signed a JV agreement with Govt. of Rajasthan on 11th July, 2013 on these terms for setting up the refinery as a joint venture. The proposed refinery will process 4.5 MMT of Mangala Crude and 4.5 MMT of Arab/other crude(s).
There shall be a direct and indirect economic benefit to the economy of Rajasthan , which shall, besides industrialization, result in substantial increase in income, output, employment and tax earnings of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'