Sonia Gandhi to lay foundation stone of refinery in Rajasthan
Barmer: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will lay the foundation stone of refinery and petro-chemical complex at Pachpadra in Rajasthan`s Barmer district on Sunday.
According to television reports, elaborate security arrangements have been made in Pachpadra in view of the UPA chairperson`s visit.
The Union Cabinet on Friday approved setting up of a nine million tonne refinery-cum-petrochemical complex by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL`s) in Barmer.
The proposed refinery will be a subsidiary of HPCL with its equity of 74 percent to be held by HPCL and 26 percent to be held by the Govt. of Rajasthan.
The cost of the project is estimated at Rs. 37,230 crore. The project cost is proposed to be sourced with a detbt/equity ratio of 1.5:1. Total equity component is Rs.14,892 crore and debt is Rs.22,338 crore. HPCL`s equity contribution is Rs.11,020 crore at 74 percent equity and Govt. of Rajasthan`s equity contribution is Rs.3,872 crore at 26 percent.
M/s. HPCL has signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 14th May, 2013 with Govt. of Rajasthan in this regard. HPCL has subsequently also signed a JV agreement with Govt. of Rajasthan on 11th July, 2013 on these terms for setting up the refinery as a joint venture. The proposed refinery will process 4.5 MMT of Mangala Crude and 4.5 MMT of Arab/other crude(s).
There shall be a direct and indirect economic benefit to the economy of Rajasthan , which shall, besides industrialization, result in substantial increase in income, output, employment and tax earnings of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya