Sonia Gandhi to offer chadar at Khwaja tomb in Ajmer Dargah
Jaipur: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will offer a chadar at the tomb of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer dargah on Sunday during the ongoing Urs.
Union Minister Sachin Pilot, AICC secretary Mirza Irshad Baig and MP Asq Ali Tak would offer the chadar on behalf of Sonia, PCC spokesperson Archana Sharma said today.
They will arrive here tomorrow and will leave for Ajmer to offer the chadar at the dargah during the ongoing Urs of the Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, she said.
The Urs festival commemorates the death anniversary of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti. It is celebrated every year in the seventh month of the Islamic lunar calendar, depending on the
sighting of the moon.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today