Sonia lays foundation stone of refinery complex in Rajasthan
Pachpadra: UPA Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Rs 37,230-crore refinery and petrochemical complex here.
Gandhi, who flew in chopper to the Thar desert of Rajasthan, unveiled two placques of foundation stone with a push button in presence of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas M Veerappa Moily and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here, 90 km from Jodhpur.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) and the Rajasthan government are jointly setting up a 9 million tonnes per annum grass root petrochemical complex.
HPCL would have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the rest 26 per cent with Rajasthan government. The refinery complex will source crude oil from Rajasthan oil fields and other imports.
The project is expected to bring accelerated growth in the region and provide huge opportunity for downstream petrochemical industries. About 1.39 lakh people will be benefited from the project.
Out of the project cost of Rs 37,230 crore, the Rajasthan government will contribute funds to the tune of Rs 3,872 crore and production will start by 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list