Sonia lays foundation stone of refinery complex in Rajasthan
Pachpadra: UPA Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Rs 37,230-crore refinery and petrochemical complex here.
Gandhi, who flew in chopper to the Thar desert of Rajasthan, unveiled two placques of foundation stone with a push button in presence of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas M Veerappa Moily and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here, 90 km from Jodhpur.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) and the Rajasthan government are jointly setting up a 9 million tonnes per annum grass root petrochemical complex.
HPCL would have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the rest 26 per cent with Rajasthan government. The refinery complex will source crude oil from Rajasthan oil fields and other imports.
The project is expected to bring accelerated growth in the region and provide huge opportunity for downstream petrochemical industries. About 1.39 lakh people will be benefited from the project.
Out of the project cost of Rs 37,230 crore, the Rajasthan government will contribute funds to the tune of Rs 3,872 crore and production will start by 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred