Sonia lays foundation stone of refinery complex in Rajasthan
Pachpadra: UPA Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Rs 37,230-crore refinery and petrochemical complex here.
Gandhi, who flew in chopper to the Thar desert of Rajasthan, unveiled two placques of foundation stone with a push button in presence of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas M Veerappa Moily and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here, 90 km from Jodhpur.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) and the Rajasthan government are jointly setting up a 9 million tonnes per annum grass root petrochemical complex.
HPCL would have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the rest 26 per cent with Rajasthan government. The refinery complex will source crude oil from Rajasthan oil fields and other imports.
The project is expected to bring accelerated growth in the region and provide huge opportunity for downstream petrochemical industries. About 1.39 lakh people will be benefited from the project.
Out of the project cost of Rs 37,230 crore, the Rajasthan government will contribute funds to the tune of Rs 3,872 crore and production will start by 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?