Sonia lays foundation stone of refinery complex in Rajasthan
Pachpadra: UPA Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Rs 37,230-crore refinery and petrochemical complex here.
Gandhi, who flew in chopper to the Thar desert of Rajasthan, unveiled two placques of foundation stone with a push button in presence of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas M Veerappa Moily and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here, 90 km from Jodhpur.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) and the Rajasthan government are jointly setting up a 9 million tonnes per annum grass root petrochemical complex.
HPCL would have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the rest 26 per cent with Rajasthan government. The refinery complex will source crude oil from Rajasthan oil fields and other imports.
The project is expected to bring accelerated growth in the region and provide huge opportunity for downstream petrochemical industries. About 1.39 lakh people will be benefited from the project.
Out of the project cost of Rs 37,230 crore, the Rajasthan government will contribute funds to the tune of Rs 3,872 crore and production will start by 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway