South-West monsoon hits Rajasthan
New Delhi: South-West monsoon on Thursday hit
Rajasthan with several parts of the state receiving rainfall
even as hot and humid conditions continue to make life
unpleasant for people in the national capital.
The monsoon hit several parts of Jaipur, Ajmer, Kota and
Udaipur divisions in Rajasthan.
Kota received the maximum rainfall of 57 mm, while Jaipur
recorded 48 mm, Vanasthali 35 mm, Chittorgarh 20 mm, Dabok 14
mm and Ajmer 1 mm rainfall.
However, there was no respite from sultry conditions for
Delhiites as the brief intermittent monsoon showers the city
witnessed last week failed to make a comeback.
The maximum temperature hovered around 38.7 degree
Celsius, while the minimum temperature was at 29.8 deg C.
The humidity ranged between 76 per cent and 52 per cent,
higher than yesterday`s 74 per cent and 50 per cent, making
Meanwhile, some isolated places in Punjab and Haryana
received showers, while there was drizzling in Chandigarh.
The MeT department forecast southwest monsoon to hit
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh by July 1.
Cloudy conditions prevailed in most parts of Himachal
Pradesh, causing a fall of two to three degree in the day
temperature. Some areas also received moderate downpours.
Mandi, Kangra and Hamirpur areas received downpours with
Sujanpur Tira recording highest 66 mm rains, followed by
Palampur 29.4 mm, Baijnath 26 mm and Mandi 23.7 mm.
Paonta Sahib at maximum 39 deg C was the hottest place in
the state, followed by Bhuntar at 35.3 deg C.
The state capital Shimla remained engulfed in fog and
received intermittent showers. It recorded a high of 23.4 deg
C, a fall of two points from yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik