SP transfer: Sankara town observes bandh
Jaipur: A bandh was on Monday observed in Sankara town in Jaisalmer district in protest against the transfer of SP Pankaj Choudhary that has sparked a row in Rajasthan with allegations that the officer was being shifted under political pressure.
Hoteliers, tour operators and local businessmen took part in the peaceful bandh demanding revocation of the transfer order.
Choudhary`s transfer has fuelled much hue and cry in the state with those against the move claiming that the officer was transferred after he reopened a history sheet of Gazi Fakir, the father of Congress MLA Saleh Mohammed.
Meanwhile, the outgoing SP has been relieved from his post with new incumbent Hemant Sharma having taken over, sources said.
Choudhary will go to Kishangarh in Ajmer as the Police Training Services Commandant.
A bandh in Pokhran has been called tomorrow on the same issue.
Choudhary had reopened history-sheets against several persons, including Fakir, after a spurt in crime in the golden fort city. He was given his transfer orders on August 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!