Special flight brings back 162 stranded pilgrims from Uttarakhand to Jaipur
Jaipur: 162 people who were stranded in flood-hit were on Monday brought here by Rajasthan government on a special flight from Dehradun.
Another aircraft carrying 100-125 pilgrims is expected tomorrow.
Some others from the state are still waiting to be airlifted from Badrinath as weather conditions are not favourable, Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of Calamity and Relief Department said here.
State industry minister Rajendra Pareek, who is in-charge of Rajasthan government`s relief camp in Uttarakhand, today met with the official who is looking after relief management and handed over a list of pilgrims from the state who are still missing after the disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray