Special flight brings back 162 stranded pilgrims from Uttarakhand to Jaipur
Jaipur: 162 people who were stranded in flood-hit were on Monday brought here by Rajasthan government on a special flight from Dehradun.
Another aircraft carrying 100-125 pilgrims is expected tomorrow.
Some others from the state are still waiting to be airlifted from Badrinath as weather conditions are not favourable, Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of Calamity and Relief Department said here.
State industry minister Rajendra Pareek, who is in-charge of Rajasthan government`s relief camp in Uttarakhand, today met with the official who is looking after relief management and handed over a list of pilgrims from the state who are still missing after the disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP