Special flight brings back 162 stranded pilgrims from Uttarakhand to Jaipur
Jaipur: 162 people who were stranded in flood-hit were on Monday brought here by Rajasthan government on a special flight from Dehradun.
Another aircraft carrying 100-125 pilgrims is expected tomorrow.
Some others from the state are still waiting to be airlifted from Badrinath as weather conditions are not favourable, Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of Calamity and Relief Department said here.
State industry minister Rajendra Pareek, who is in-charge of Rajasthan government`s relief camp in Uttarakhand, today met with the official who is looking after relief management and handed over a list of pilgrims from the state who are still missing after the disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today