Special flight brings back 162 stranded pilgrims from Uttarakhand to Jaipur
Jaipur: 162 people who were stranded in flood-hit were on Monday brought here by Rajasthan government on a special flight from Dehradun.
Another aircraft carrying 100-125 pilgrims is expected tomorrow.
Some others from the state are still waiting to be airlifted from Badrinath as weather conditions are not favourable, Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of Calamity and Relief Department said here.
State industry minister Rajendra Pareek, who is in-charge of Rajasthan government`s relief camp in Uttarakhand, today met with the official who is looking after relief management and handed over a list of pilgrims from the state who are still missing after the disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!