Special mahila sabhas in Rajasthan on Nov 19
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will convene special `mahila sabhas` on the occasion of former PM Indira Gandhi`s birth anniversary on November 19 to constitute similar units in all gram panchayats of the state.
The special meeting would be held in all 9177 gram panchayats of the state in which resolutions to constitute mahila sabhas in respective panchayats will be passed.
"All the gram panchayats will pass resolution for the proposed formation of mahila sabhas. After that, mahila sabhas will be conducted regularly which would be another step for women empowerment," sources said.
Directions in this regard have been issued to all the district collectors and CEOs of Zila Parishads, they said.
The special mahila sabha on November 19 in all the panchayats will have a seven-point agenda to discuss action against atrocities and sexual harassment, gender justice, female foeticide, health, education, awareness about the government schemes for girls and women, hygiene and sanitation among others.
"If women predominantly discuss issues like adverse child ratio, sexual harassment and exploitation, domestic violence and initiate efforts to curb the problems, results may be fruitful. Hence the government has decided to conduct the mahila sabhas," Adesh Chaturvedi, state Project Coordinator, Panchayti Raj department, said.
"It is observed that many women hesitate to speak on their issues in gram panchayat meetings due to the presence of men so `mahila sabha` would prove an effective tool for them to discuss and raise their issues," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city