Special mahila sabhas in Rajasthan on Nov 19
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will convene special `mahila sabhas` on the occasion of former PM Indira Gandhi`s birth anniversary on November 19 to constitute similar units in all gram panchayats of the state.
The special meeting would be held in all 9177 gram panchayats of the state in which resolutions to constitute mahila sabhas in respective panchayats will be passed.
"All the gram panchayats will pass resolution for the proposed formation of mahila sabhas. After that, mahila sabhas will be conducted regularly which would be another step for women empowerment," sources said.
Directions in this regard have been issued to all the district collectors and CEOs of Zila Parishads, they said.
The special mahila sabha on November 19 in all the panchayats will have a seven-point agenda to discuss action against atrocities and sexual harassment, gender justice, female foeticide, health, education, awareness about the government schemes for girls and women, hygiene and sanitation among others.
"If women predominantly discuss issues like adverse child ratio, sexual harassment and exploitation, domestic violence and initiate efforts to curb the problems, results may be fruitful. Hence the government has decided to conduct the mahila sabhas," Adesh Chaturvedi, state Project Coordinator, Panchayti Raj department, said.
"It is observed that many women hesitate to speak on their issues in gram panchayat meetings due to the presence of men so `mahila sabha` would prove an effective tool for them to discuss and raise their issues," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference