Student gang-raped by sacked policemen in Jaipur
Jaipur: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two sacked jawans of Rajasthan Police Constabulary, police said here.
"The girl was with her friend on a motorbike on March 7 when the accused, also on motorcycle, chased and stopped them near Rawatbhata road.
The accused identified as Mohan Singh and Jai Kumar, posing as policemen, sought papers of the motorbike and asked the couple to come to a police outpost with them saying that they were roaming in suspicious circumstances," SHO Dadabadi police station-Kota, Dharmendra Kumar said today.
"The couple was forced to sit on Jai Kumar`s motorcycle, while Mohan Singh drove the boy`s bike to an isolated area where they beat the boy and took turns to rape the girl," he said.
After the incident, the couple reported the matter to the police and an FIR was lodged.
Mohan Singh was arrested on Saturday, he said, adding he was sent to judicial custody till March 16.
Another accused Jai Kumar is still absconding and a hunt is on to arrest him, he said.
The girl was living in a rented accommodation in Kota city and attending medical coaching classes.
Both the accused, who are local residents, were the RAC jawans and they were terminated from the services in 2006 for their involvement in a robbery case, the SHO, who is the investigating officer, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued