Student gang-raped by sacked policemen in Jaipur
Jaipur: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two sacked jawans of Rajasthan Police Constabulary, police said here.
"The girl was with her friend on a motorbike on March 7 when the accused, also on motorcycle, chased and stopped them near Rawatbhata road.
The accused identified as Mohan Singh and Jai Kumar, posing as policemen, sought papers of the motorbike and asked the couple to come to a police outpost with them saying that they were roaming in suspicious circumstances," SHO Dadabadi police station-Kota, Dharmendra Kumar said today.
"The couple was forced to sit on Jai Kumar`s motorcycle, while Mohan Singh drove the boy`s bike to an isolated area where they beat the boy and took turns to rape the girl," he said.
After the incident, the couple reported the matter to the police and an FIR was lodged.
Mohan Singh was arrested on Saturday, he said, adding he was sent to judicial custody till March 16.
Another accused Jai Kumar is still absconding and a hunt is on to arrest him, he said.
The girl was living in a rented accommodation in Kota city and attending medical coaching classes.
Both the accused, who are local residents, were the RAC jawans and they were terminated from the services in 2006 for their involvement in a robbery case, the SHO, who is the investigating officer, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'