Student groups clash in Jodhpur varsity, 2 injured
Jodhpur: A verbal spat between two student groups turned violent after they attacked each other with baseball bats and sticks at the campus of Jai Narayan Vyas University here, police said Tuesday.
Two students were injured in the clash which took place on Monday at the university`s new campus during campaigning for upcoming student union elections, they said.
Police have registered a case on the complaint of one of the student groups that clashed, a police official said, adding, no arrests have been made in the case.
According to police, the two student groups got into a verbal spat on Monday which turned violent with both sides attacking each other with baseball bats, rods and sticks.
"Two students sustained injuries. They were rushed to the trauma centre of MDM Hospital immediately" the official said, adding, probe in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies