Student groups clash in Jodhpur varsity, 2 injured
Jodhpur: A verbal spat between two student groups turned violent after they attacked each other with baseball bats and sticks at the campus of Jai Narayan Vyas University here, police said Tuesday.
Two students were injured in the clash which took place on Monday at the university`s new campus during campaigning for upcoming student union elections, they said.
Police have registered a case on the complaint of one of the student groups that clashed, a police official said, adding, no arrests have been made in the case.
According to police, the two student groups got into a verbal spat on Monday which turned violent with both sides attacking each other with baseball bats, rods and sticks.
"Two students sustained injuries. They were rushed to the trauma centre of MDM Hospital immediately" the official said, adding, probe in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption