Student groups clash in Jodhpur varsity, 2 injured
Jodhpur: A verbal spat between two student groups turned violent after they attacked each other with baseball bats and sticks at the campus of Jai Narayan Vyas University here, police said Tuesday.
Two students were injured in the clash which took place on Monday at the university`s new campus during campaigning for upcoming student union elections, they said.
Police have registered a case on the complaint of one of the student groups that clashed, a police official said, adding, no arrests have been made in the case.
According to police, the two student groups got into a verbal spat on Monday which turned violent with both sides attacking each other with baseball bats, rods and sticks.
"Two students sustained injuries. They were rushed to the trauma centre of MDM Hospital immediately" the official said, adding, probe in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France
- Hillary Clinton tops 50 percent support from US voters in latest poll
- Qayyara liberated from IS terrorists: Iraqi PM
- US government seeks ban on swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton exchange angry charges of racism